ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28

What do you want to see in the next release?
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite race/subrace/class yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite skill/talent/spell/ability yet? (specify below) 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite scroll/potion/wand/staff/rod/other object yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite store/quest/event yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, that's not what that dungeon's supposed to look like! (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite game mechanic/UI feature yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, that's a bug! Go fix that bug! (specify below) 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Hey, you didn't list what I want to see! (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:19 am 
Sher'Tul

Thorondor wrote:
Thanks again for undertaking this Herculean work! I like the new flavours that you've introduced.

New flavors? I'm pretty much working straight from the 2.3.9 release; I can't think offhand of anything significant I've added. Well, maybe the "live symbiotes" option…

Thorondor wrote:
I've had a few LUA error reports; usually regarding actions taken regarding unidentified items: e.g. drop/wear an unidentified item, the aimless merchant picks up the club (1d4 good) etc.

Definitely submit those as you find them. There should be an error-reports/ directory somewhere near where the savefiles live, with files that have the text contents of the error dialogs, which would probably be easier than screen-shotting them.

Thorondor wrote:
Screenshots attached for the above.

[sound F/X: source diving] You were wearing a shield but not a weapon, yes? That was the check for weapons like Katanas that can be wielded either one-handed or two-handed but take a damage penalty if wielded one-handed, and I had clearly forgotten to consider that case. :oops: Should be fixed in SVN. Also fixed in SVN is the problem you reported elsewhere, with ripple-effect skill boosts not being properly propagated from the level-up dialog to the character.

Thorondor wrote:
I managed to completely crash a character whilst using a staff of identify (which seems to provide unlimited charges at the moment).

[sound F/X: testing] Now, this I can't reproduce; charges appear to be used up normally in my test. In your case, I think the error may have kicked it out before it got to the use-charges part of the code

Thorondor wrote:
I wondered whether it would be possible to have certain shops always stocking certain items that are essential to every character (e.g. in Bree it should always be possible to purchase scroll of Identify, scroll of word of recall, oil flask, some form of digging implement etc); - I haven't yet found a scroll of ID in the characters I've done which makes things a bit trickier at the start.

Feasible, I think, though it might take a bit of work; T-Engine stores appear to be implemented on the assumption that they will only be restocked a handful of times. I'd want feedback on what items people think should be present, of course.

Thorondor wrote:
I have to say I'm a big fan of knowing whether an item is {good / excellent} etc on pickup; - I personally find the trawl until items are identified is a bit of a drag;

That's standard T2 behavior as of 2.3.9. And yes, it is nice. :wink:

Thorondor wrote:
I'd be interested in whether you (and the community) felt whether one of the fixed dungeon items that auto-ID's everything should be instead offered as a quest reward for one of the fixed quests. I know it's a tweak from the original game, but personally I think that'd be an improvement in game play and enjoyability.

Well, one of my Archers did take the Thunderlord Express down to the bottom of Illusory Castle and pick up the Helm of Knowledge for just that purpose. (Actually, I don't know of anything else that conveys auto-ID, except the completed Gothmog set; did you have something else in mind?)

Thorondor wrote:
I usually played Fury as a variant as I preferred the innate magic system; - (seems a bit odd for an archwizard having to leaf through a spellbook mid-fight); - I recognise there's a balance issue with this but if it were possible that a player could 'buy' the ability to memorise spells then perhaps this would be a way of improving balance.

Sounds like an excellent idea for an addon. :wink:

Thorondor wrote:
Would it also be possible for some of the humanoid characters to be non-hostile (I don't like every single humanoid I meet in the dungeon being out to get me, murdering hapless novice priests etc seems :twisted:

As currently implemented, anything that was flagged GOOD in T2 should be friendly or neutral to you, unless you follow Melkor.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 406 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28