ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:02 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:58 pm 

The first issue I have is writhing one's summons doesn't get affected by blighted summoning. It's a shame since I kind of like my horror pets. All of the non-forbidden cult summons seems to get affected by blighted summoning, so why shouldn't the writhing one's summons also get affected by it?
Another problem I experienced is with the cultist's jinxed touch description. At raw talent level 3 the description changes to 2% crit per stack and at raw talent level 5 the description tells me I get nothing. I thought suspicious of it and checked the code, turns out it is 1.5% at 3 and 2% at 5. Because of the description rounding up the 0.5%, it gave me an impression that investing 5 points is useless. It might be a good idea to change some values or the description so players are encouraged to invest 5 points in it.

Other than those minor issues, the DLC seems to be good so far. I might add some more things here as I experiment more with the new classes.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:02 am 
Wyrmic

Wouldn't the new summons technically already be infused with Blight? I can definitely see putting more into there though, that might be a thing in 1.6 as a couple of prodigies are being reworked.

I would say that Jinxed Touch works like the Phase Door talent on those with enough mastery, in that the point will give you nothing. On others, 5 points gets you everything but when you're an Archmage 4 bumps the talent level to 5.

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 11:11 am 

The thing with jinxed touch is that it scales with raw talent level, not effective talent level. If you only invest 4 points you actually get 1.5% crit reduction per stack. The description is just rounding up the 1.5% and basically giving the player false information. It may look like a small nitpick thing, but at 10 stacks it's 15% crit chance vs. 20%. If the description isn't describing what the skill actually does then it should be corrected.