ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:49 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Gold sinks?
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:38 am 

So I always end up with thousands of gold.
Could there be maybe an enchanter added to let us add minor chants to gear? Couple hundred for a choice stat from a list of options. Or maybe a gambler? Gamble on weapons or armor, or even a cheaper random chant for gear?

What about shop upgrades? What if you could feed money to a shop to upgrade the tier of items it carries? Still random stuff in the store so not too OP.

Finally, i see options for group members in the settings. What if we can hire mercenaries? Maybe like Might and Magic where they take a percent of your profits (and maybe reduce exp gain by a small amount). Might take a lot of work to give them good party AI if not directly controlled.

I could think of more all night but this is fine for now. We need a gold sink, gold feels absolutely useless.

Post subject: Re: Gold sinks?
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 12:01 pm 
Archmage

There is a gold sink once you come back from the east.

The merchant you saved in the tunnels early will sell you (potentially) great randarts fro 4k a piece.

In Forbidden Cults there will also be a new gold sink and it rocks ;)

You can go here for a compilation of everything I wrote, plus some other important stuff!

Includes general guides (inscriptions, zone, prodigies), and class guides (Demo, Anorithil, Bulwark, Zerker, Sblade)

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 3:03 pm 

Oh i forgot about the randarts for 4k. It is so late in the game i never make it that far lol. I wanted something for mid and late-mid. Other options besides randarts. Thats basically gambling which i dig, but it is super expensive and i can never afford more than three or four.

Id love to know whats coming up inthe expansion, i cant find any patch notes. Thanks for alerting me theres a new sink, im super stoked!!!

TAKE MY MONEY DARKGOD

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 5:17 pm 
Archmage

well, new gold sink will be available very early :D

You can go here for a compilation of everything I wrote, plus some other important stuff!

Includes general guides (inscriptions, zone, prodigies), and class guides (Demo, Anorithil, Bulwark, Zerker, Sblade)