ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:06 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:57 pm 
Wayist

The main wyrmic guide suggests mindstars (which I'll have to forgo; one part liking Stunning Blow, twelve parts not wanting to give Zigur a single copper, let alone a sacrifice), but it also tacitly suggested dual weapons as a possibility, at least in part as a way to give Dexterity some potential role. Gameplay-wise, that would actually be interesting, because of the mobility options I see in Heartseeker and Whirlwind. (Okay, that isn't quite mobility away from the opposition, but we have Lightning Speed for that.)

Problem is, would dual-wielding fit the fantasy of the class? Zweihanders reflect a dragon's massive claws, shields the scales...but what would sword/waraxe/mace and dagger reflect? (Don't ask me what mindstars reflect...) I also wonder if there's some balance issue that I haven't picked up on.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 6:36 pm 
Higher

wyrmic is getting dual techniques in 1.6

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:01 pm 
Wyrmic

Do Mindstars work with the current Dual Techniques? I've never tried. If so, that would make it work either way.

Mace and dagger reflect the brood I guess. Dragons are seldom without a whole lot of hatchlings. Same with Mindstars, unless you think of Hydra heads? :?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:01 am 
Wyrmic

Wyrmic should lose 2H assault and shield offense instead of getting dual techniques. It already has plenty of weapon attacks in the drake aspect categories, and it also has plenty of categories in general.

If the goal is just to make Wyrmic stronger (which is the only reason I can think of to give it dual techniques) it'd be better to give it more defense instead. But I would rather just see other classes nerfed instead, since Wyrmic already wins Insane fine. Class power has already crept upward a LOT over the years.