[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal • View topic - Betatest 1.3 ! We need moar souls !

ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Tue Apr 13, 2021 6:39 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:13 am 
Retired Ninja

I thought about it and decided to go with a compromise. I had magic replacing physical power and damage mod which was pretty overboard. I set it back to just damage mod so strength will still give physical power. I think this is fair as that's how it is for rogues for instance.

Anyway please do give more feedback. If it's not bugs I'd prefer it go in the development thread so we have more room for discussion without derailing this one.

And the stamina thing on Invigorate has been pulled. I left it on for doctor null's addon class mostly but he can add it back in. I've been asked about it to many times now ;)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:19 am 

I find unit sprites flipping back/forth to be somewhat annoying; if it isn't too hard to put an option in to change that it would be great.

On another note the conclave vault is causing really bad lag, you also might want to give players some sort of way to tell when the monsters will de-stasify.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:30 am 
Uruivellas

The effective bonus text on items is really helpful, but it can make item descriptions look really busy. I would recommend changing that part of the text to a more subdued color so it doesn't stand out as much. Maybe dark green or a desaturated blue. Gray works too, but gray text tends to signify something that's disabled so I would avoid gray.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:58 am 
Spiderkin

Effigy - It's been a complaint of mine for awhile and has already been changed, just not before beta1 went to the presses. This is what it looks like currently:

Have a save in need of fixing? Open a ticket, send me a copy of your save: http://www.te4support.org/

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:01 am 
Uruivellas

If I put Beyond the Flesh on "auto-use when available," I get this message:
Automatic use of talent Beyond the Flesh skipped: cooldown too low (0).

In 1.2.5, I can put this on auto-use and it will only activate if it's not being sustained already. Was this an intentional change for performance reasons?

EDIT: That looks good, Stunt.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:13 am 
Uruivellas

Effigy, this was a change to prevent talents from locking you out of action. I'll put that back for sustains, as we have quite a few.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:25 am 
Thalore

Just noticed from the character creation screen that sustain particles look way off on Ogres, especially the "awesomeaura" (Rampage for instance) ones and the "wing" (Wyrmic stuff and similar) ones.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 3:26 am 
Uruivellas

Ok, thanks.

Did the scaling on the skill bar get changed somehow? On 1.2.5 my bar holds 36 skill icons at 48x48 size, but in 1.3 I can only fit 33.5 skills. As far as I can tell, my screen resolution and other settings are the same.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:30 am 
Halfling

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:32 am 
Uruivellas

I ran no addons before, and no addons after, and my skill bar could no longer hold two rows of icons until I adjusted it to compensate. I don't think it's actually a problem that needs to be fixed, just something to watch out for as an old player transitioning to 1.3.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:22 am 
Thalore

My game log is spamming "<player name> has recovered!", I took Vigilance this level so it's probably because of that.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:08 am 
Cornac

Did you change the Combat Training tree? I cannot buy the category for 50 gold in Last Hope. =(

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:01 am 
Halfling

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:05 am 
Wayist

Temporal Warden warden buddies probably shouldn't have their own sight radius, could be exploitable, especially since you can summon them by hitting your hounds.

Also for some reason Thread the Needle's bow beam attack seems to shoot a projectile that is just an ascii "/" regardless of tiles.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:07 am 
Halfling

Went through a full run skeleton brawler win on 1.3.

My biggest problem was finding sheild runes which seemed very rare. Also, there are very few ego types of runes and infusions. I went through the vault that takes up nearly the whole level and came out with 42 runes (probably had 4-5 originally), but only 3 of those were in fact a green ego type.

Would help to be a bit more generous with the infusion and rune egos and a fair bit more generous in the allowing shielding runes to show up.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 16  Next