[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal • View topic - Betatest 1.3 ! We need moar souls !

ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:17 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:05 am 
Thalore

Hey guys,
1.3 looks sweet, can't wait to unlock Ogres (btw. I met some in Elvala).

One small thing: Now, when entering Tier 1 "too easy" dungeons, you can either stroll down or stay on level 1. That itself is a very nice feature. But the wording may use a bit of improvement.

Now, the dialog text reads "This zone is so easy for that you stroll to the last area with ease." As the player now has a choice in this matter, perhaps "... that you can stroll ..." sounds better to me, and instead of buttons "Stroll" and "Stay there" perhaps "Stroll down" and "Stay up" may be better to avoid confusion.

Yeah, nitpicky, I know ;).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:41 am 
Archmage

Right when I wanted to update my Crusader Kings II and the AGOT mod... :D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:10 pm 
Halfling

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:27 pm 
Uruivellas

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:46 pm 
Retired Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:22 pm 
Retired Ninja

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:15 pm 

Temporal wardens skill invigorate has stamina regeneration but the class doesnt have any skills that uses stamina.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 3:18 pm 

Temporal wardens skill invigorate has stamina regeneration but the class doesnt use any stamina.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 4:55 pm 
Wyrmic

Is going down a stair enough to get experience? My log reads

Ran for 43 turns (stop reason: at exit).
There is a previous level here
Welcome to level 2 [Beta Character]
Beta Character has 3 stat points(s) etc

That would give 'stair scumming' an entirely different meaning....

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:02 pm 
Retired Ninja

In the dwarf starting zone you level up when you go down stairs since your buddy is an xp thief.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:02 pm 
Cornac

Last edited by The Selfish Gene on Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 6:38 pm 
Cornac

Celerity from Chronomancy/Speed Control does seem to cause the afterimage in this screenshot: http://oi57.tinypic.com/20p4x06.jpg

I'm not sure why there is a blue square (Maybe because of my sustain?). There doesn't seem to be one on my new character. I'm not sure I like the graphical effect however. With the blue square it looks buggy when I move and auto explore. Without it it mostly looks laggy in my opinion.

Also, the after effect can bug even without the blue square: http://oi60.tinypic.com/qqbvq8.jpg (It creates after images to places I've never been)

EDIT: Strength of Purpose in Chronomancy/Temporal Guardian requires 18 magic to get the first skill. Usually skills require 12, 20, 28, 36, so I don't know if it's intended to be 18, 20, 28, 36. Also all other skills have "- Level 0" requirement. Strength of Purpose does not display this (this doesn't really matter I guess).

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:04 pm 
Uruivellas

Techniques/Unarmed Training also requires 18 Cunning for the first talent, whereas most require 12 in the relevant stat. That isn't new in 1.3, but it's a related case. Personally, I think those talents should be changed to use the normal stat requirement scaling.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:34 pm 
Wyrmic

On that beta , i'm running a Shalore Oozemancer (trying to unlock the Ogres) , i have faced crash of the "t-engine.exe encountered an error"-type (with no ingame error message) when doing my usual Slime Spit shot followed by an Acid Splash on the enemy face.
A type of crash that i never had on any previous versions with the oozemancers.

- i had this a lot in the Norgos Lair, when doing the combo on either a shivgoroth or some rare/unique that was spawned

- i just got one in Old Forest, in the minivault that contain an undead that has cold powers , can't remember the monster name , after shooting it 1st with a Slime Spit , then when using Acid Splash on it, instant crash.

Unfortunately it never happened in the 1st level of those dungeons, so after the crash all i could load was me at the 1st level of those dungeons, further levels were never generated the same and can't find a reproducable way then.
And unfortunately, none of the logs have anything at the time of the crash, i guess it's because it's crashing without the usual ingame "want to send it" error message

But in Norgos Lair (the variant with the shivgoroth) , i had crashes a very lot.

In case it's related to some of the settings, my graphics ones are all set to "disabled" as i prefer it that way

edit : just got another one in Maze (the normal version), after defeating the minotaur boss, i got a rare/unique generated by a chest, and got the game to crash again, i took a screenshot in case it may contain something useful

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:25 pm 
Spiderkin

0player - Seems that it can only happen with arrows, here's a save where I just recreated it: http://gatheringspot.org/offsite/temp/d ... efreak.zip

Have a save in need of fixing? Open a ticket, send me a copy of your save: http://www.te4support.org/

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 235 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next