ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:47 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2016 11:42 am 
Offline
Spiderkin

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:05 pm
Posts: 492
Number43 wrote:
That is, to get a tinker escort you need to beat embers. To unlock tinker classes in the main campaign, beat the boss of the "Sunwall Outpost" with any 2 tinker classes.

Tinker escorts actually come with the tinker class unlock for beating sunwall. Thankfully you don't need to slog through the entire embers campaign.

_________________
<Shibari> You're full of shit
<darkgod #tome> ster is a troll
<Sheila> and ster, i do agree with you on most things game-related, but do try to not be such an ass!
<mex> your posts lead to people like me being abused and murdered


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 2:42 pm 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 2242
I have found at least one way to boost this in 1.5.x - Hidden Blades tool under Cunning / Artifice. This could make a big difference. Any other changes in 1.5.x which increase total number of hits from a single talent?

_________________
MADNESS rocks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 12:03 pm 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:09 pm
Posts: 71
jenx wrote:
I have found at least one way to boost this in 1.5.x - Hidden Blades tool under Cunning / Artifice. This could make a big difference. Any other changes in 1.5.x which increase total number of hits from a single talent?


The description of Hidden Blades makes it look like you get one hit per 4 turns. Does it behave differently from that?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 2:15 am 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:46 am
Posts: 51
I've been building in such way. One thing I find is you can't manage resource with such build at all. 2-3 turns will deplete your mana completely.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:22 am 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:46 am
Posts: 51
Also if you really wanna to go further, here're some great boosts:

1. earthpower with dual shields, the third talent in the tree counter attack when get hit. And shield procs are hitting 300% harder than normal ones.

2. celecial guardian. The first skill provide a shield bash proc.

3. Saws are considered both weapon and shield in this regard(so connecting 2 and 3). And butcher's 3rd talent gives one more attack too.

This will push the limit of hits far more for saw users.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:52 am 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 2242
fateriddle wrote:
Also if you really wanna to go further, here're some great boosts:

1. earthpower with dual shields, the third talent in the tree counter attack when get hit. And shield procs are hitting 300% harder than normal ones.

2. celecial guardian. The first skill provide a shield bash proc.

3. Saws are considered both weapon and shield in this regard(so connecting 2 and 3). And butcher's 3rd talent gives one more attack too.

This will push the limit of hits far more for saw users.


so, then, how about taking Hidden Resources prodigy, with Higher resource management too?

_________________
MADNESS rocks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:09 pm 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 2242
ok, i've been working on this in 1.5.5 with a new approach, thanks to some suggestions.

my adventurer has steamsaws. i have Flexible combat prodigy, with cripple proc on gloves. i have TK wielded weapon (not one with fancy extra hits). I then activate saw wheels and tempest of metal. I then use dissolve for 4 hits. I count total number of strikes as the total number of times non-weapon proc is triggered. So I have light for example on a ring, I count the number of times light damage is done. I also have earthen missiles.

I'm getting roughly:

Tempest of Metal: 2-5 strikes
Dissolve: 11-17 strikes
Beyond the Flesh: 1 strike (this never seems to get the extra hits added to it, they go to the previous two talents)

That's a total of 13-22 strikes from using dissolve.

My reckoning is that not only procs and but also magical combat works off strikes, so that's a max of 19 triggers for earthen missiles. I get about 5-10 per dissolve hit.

I could add an extra attack with GWF or Guardian, or Hidden Blades, but these are now limited to one per turn, so I believe they will only add 1 more strike to this approach.

_________________
MADNESS rocks


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:00 pm 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:09 pm
Posts: 71
jenx wrote:
I could add an extra attack with GWF or Guardian, or Hidden Blades, but these are now limited to one per turn, so I believe they will only add 1 more strike to this approach.


GWF can give you one more attack per weapon, so 4 more strikes in this case. (With Sawrd, GWF can give you 6 more rather than 4.)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:29 pm 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:16 pm
Posts: 2242
visage wrote:
jenx wrote:
I could add an extra attack with GWF or Guardian, or Hidden Blades, but these are now limited to one per turn, so I believe they will only add 1 more strike to this approach.


GWF can give you one more attack per weapon, so 4 more strikes in this case. (With Sawrd, GWF can give you 6 more rather than 4.)


how do you get 4 more if GWF is once per turn, even if it is once per weapon? and if Sawrd is 3 extra hits, why is it not 7, or 16?

_________________
MADNESS rocks


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group