PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:28 pm 
Master of Eyal

Oh and dont include pool talents like T_EQUILIBRIUM_POOL

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 10:58 pm 
Master of Eyal

bump, we need those builds go on!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:29 pm 
Uruivellas

I'm not quite sure what to do about stat distribution. For a lot of classes, how you distribute your stats has a big effect on the order in which you gain talents. The build order maker has you distribute your stats uniformly across all levels, which forces you to have a really, really long #Stats string if you want your stat gain plan to be something like:
Mag until 44 Mag
Wil until 44 Wil
Mag until 60 Mag
Con until 59 Con
Wil until 60 Wil

Is that a bad thing? Should we have a #Stats string that's 600 characters long, or should we tailor builds around having a uniform stat distribution across all levels?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2012 1:23 pm 
Low Yeek

Yee we need those builds because for some beginners that game is really hard :F

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:01 pm 
Master of Eyal

Oups sorry missed your post
You can do 600 long lines it shouldnt be a problem, but are you sure a simpleir distribution wouldnt work?
if need be I could implement your scheme donkatsu yes

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:41 pm 
Cornac

There are some bugs in the build order addon (at least, when used with the SVN version). There seems to be a serious space leak; I couldn't go past level 25 or so before my computer started swapping. And if you use the levelup option from the menu, you don't get stat points, which makes it not so handy.

Edit: Also, loadBuildOrder doesn't seem to do anything but give lua errors.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:11 am 
Sher'Tul

Someone mentioned this thread in the in-game chat, so I figured I'd ask... it's somewhat relevant.

Would it be possible to add a feature to the character vault to allow people to basically download character builds? So, say, a new fellow's rummaging around the vault and sees someone that made it to 20 without any deaths. They download a charbuild file, and the game will let them choose that as an auto-build path up to that point.

Optional stuff (arena, queen heart, etc.) might be a bit finicky, but I'd imagine just sticking points into reserve or something if it needs to invest in something that's not available would be alright.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:29 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

My build was for b40 (or perhaps b41), I can't remember. But now playing b42 solidly, I don't think the Cursed build I offered would survive. The addition of @#$% rares means a new strategy, more survival focussed. Cursed can be built in so many different ways, and the stat increases I find now are much more dependent on equipment, as I try in the first 20 levels or so to get WIL and STR and CON as high as possible and as quickly as possible. so if vargh redemption drops, I switch to STR pumping etc.

So the idea of sample builds is still good, but a better implementation would be to have the stats as *goals*, so that if equipment is worn, the goal is reached and then the next goal is sought.

E.g. goal #1 STR = 20 goal #2 WIL = 20 goal #3 CON = 23 goal #4 STR = 28 goal #5 WIL = 28.

This would make a lot more sense I think, and make them more user-friendly.

Could this be coded?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 4:52 am 
Higher

jenx wrote:
My build was for b40 (or perhaps b41), I can't remember. But now playing b42 solidly, I don't think the Cursed build I offered would survive. The addition of @#$% rares means a new strategy, more survival focussed. Cursed can be built in so many different ways, and the stat increases I find now are much more dependent on equipment, as I try in the first 20 levels or so to get WIL and STR and CON as high as possible and as quickly as possible. so if vargh redemption drops, I switch to STR pumping etc.

So the idea of sample builds is still good, but a better implementation would be to have the stats as *goals*, so that if equipment is worn, the goal is reached and then the next goal is sought.

E.g. goal #1 STR = 20 goal #2 WIL = 20 goal #3 CON = 23 goal #4 STR = 28 goal #5 WIL = 28.

This would make a lot more sense I think, and make them more user-friendly.

Could this be coded?

Sorry for the late reply . . .

How would that work? If I need a stat like STR=20 to wear a particular piece of armor, how can I wear it before I get to the stat goal? I, being a noob who does not figure out to wear specific stat-boosting equipment.

It seems to me that this concept needs to assume that at a certain level, a player will start running into certain levels of gear, and the builds need to build to that stat whether or not equipment is found right away.

So, a character that will never use other than light armor has their strength built fairly slowly to keep pace with that expected item finding, and a character that expects to use only mail and shields uses a different strength building rate, and a character that expects to use massive plate has a different rate yet.

Not to mention the stat requirements for skill selection, also assuming no equipment stat boosts.

All in all, this sounds like a pretty complex thing to impliment.

Is this request for builds still active? I note that the thread is from several months ago.

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 2:40 am 
Sher'Tul

Bump - is this still wanted/needed? If so, how can I utilize the console and cheat mode so that I can make builds for various levels?

Zonk: I'd rather be sick than on fire! :D

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 10:36 am 
Master of Eyal

Yhea I'll post an uptaded version of the addon soon

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 5:35 pm 
Wyrmic

I've long desired something like this, not so much as a player aid but for testing purposes.

It's hard to answer questions like "Do these changes break this class?" without testing them at a typical character level with typical gear and a typical talent setup, and in a zone appropriate for such a stage in the character's progress.

Of course, this would require a "sample gear setup" or even a random gear generator on top of what you're already offering.

One really interesting approach you could take would be to perform statistical analysis on the character vault, and derive your build orders algorithmically from that. You could even pick out separate build "types" based on local maxima. Which makes for quite a complicated computing problem—some might even say it'd be a lot of a fun to work on. I'll certainly be having a look into it at some point. Watch this space.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 12:20 am 
Uruivellas

If this is still needed, I'd be able to give sample builds for any class that I've won with.