Coming to fish some ideas
I'm implementing races and subraces currently, I've commited some to svn already:
- Bree-man: a "lesser-man". Your common human, no special gift or abilities.
- Dunadan: descandant of the high men, they are stronger smarter and wiser. They possess the Gift of the Kings (over-time regeneration)
- Rohirrim: not yet implemented
- Beorning: not yet implemented
- Nandor: a sindar hailing from lorien or mirkwood. Less strength but more magical and dextrous. They possess the Gift of the Eldar (a temporary speed bonus)
- Half-Elf: not yet implemented
- Noldor: I'm not sure, there shouldnt be much if any noldors left on Middle-earth by t he fourth age no ?
- Avari: not yet implemented. Will probably start in the far east, and be one of the bad guys, fallen under the Istari rule.
- Dwarf: hailing from the grey mountains. A hardy, strong and willed people, albeit lacking in magic and dexterity. They possess the Resilience of the Dwarves (temporary armor and spell/physical resistance)
- Hobbits: hailing from the Shire. a hardy, dextrous, cunning and lucky people. They possess the Luck of the Little Folk (temporary critical chance increase for both spells and physical attacks)
Obviously this is incomplete and some more ideas are welcome. Hobbits and dwarves in particular need more work, while hobbits do have 3 subraces they are the exact same.
The "bad guys" races will come later, once the first half of the game is implemented (those will be some more subraces of men, elves, orcs, trolls, deathmolds and the likes).
[tome] joylove: You can't just release an expansion like one would release a Kraken XD
[tome] phantomfrettchen: your ability not to tease anyone is simply stunning