ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:47 pm 
Low Yeek

Hi folks,

I'm trying to get the module ToME:Arcanorum working on 2.3.5 and having no luck. I've tried the compiled 2.3.5 for mac, and then compiled 2.4 (a maintenance release currently on Gitorious!) and tried that. The 2.4 comes with the Theme module, and I can see that that loads correctly.

I guess I'm wondering if there's any way to see if whatever version I'm using actually sees the module and is having trouble loading it, doesn't see the module at all, or similar.

ANY help would be appreciated. I'm going nuts combing the wayback machine trying to find old posts on 2.x module creation. Thanks!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:36 pm 
Reaper

If the program can see the module it shows up as an option when you start up (I assume that you can see the Theme module, for instance). If you can't see it, then either you put it in the wrong place or the module is seriously screwed up. If there is something minor wrong then the module will show up but crash with error messages when you try to load it.

Do you know whether Arcanorum ever worked? I don't remember it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 4:53 pm 
Low Yeek

I was able to get it working by downloading and compiling an earlier version of the tome2 project on gitorious. I think version 2.3.7 is the last one of his that supports external mods.

Thanks though!