ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:28 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Game Options
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:59 am 
Uruivellas

So, I've been looking at the tome options a bit. It looks like they're being stored in the savefile... but it strikes me that pretty much none of them except the automatiser (and maybe auto-haggle?) settings are things people would want to change per character. The rest are things I know I'd just want to set once and forget about, or change depending on mood rather than anything else (music, for example).

Is there something similar to esettings, for modules? (that would seem most appropriate for settings). Maybe dividing options into engine (esettings storage), module (??) and current game (savefile storage) might be nice?

(On another note, I've found esettings to be a bit buggy (things I know exist are just returning the default))...

Post subject: Re: Game Options
PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:02 pm 
Reaper

Falconis wrote:
So, I've been looking at the tome options a bit. It looks like they're being stored in the savefile... but it strikes me that pretty much none of them except the automatiser (and maybe auto-haggle?) settings are things people would want to change per character. The rest are things I know I'd just want to set once and forget about, or change depending on mood rather than anything else (music, for example).

Is there something similar to esettings, for modules? (that would seem most appropriate for settings). Maybe dividing options into engine (esettings storage), module (??) and current game (savefile storage) might be nice?

(On another note, I've found esettings to be a bit buggy (things I know exist are just returning the default))...

You are correct. I find it annoying to have to reset the ten or so options that I *always* change every time I start a new character. However, if you dump them into player.prf (the U option off the = menu) I think that they are there for all further characters.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 5:46 am 
Keeper

All you'd have to do is dump your preferences from one character and then load them up for each one after that. Alternatively, if you use the same savefile, it has the same effect.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:00 am 
Sher'Tul

I recommend turning off the babyface interface in the options. Then you can use the PLAYER savefile over and over just like in ToME 2 without all the confusion and backwards design of babyface.

I'm thinking that we should turn babyface off by default.