ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:44 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Phial of undeath
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 am 
Offline
Wayist

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:14 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Arlington TN U.S.A.
Can the Phial of undeath be flipped using *remove curse* to be +5 to stats rather than -5???

_________________
Live long and prosper, and for any vampires out there I have a cure for your condition to start living...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4
Lonnie Courtney Clay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:43 pm 
Offline
Reaper

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:49 pm
Posts: 1715
Location: West Virginia
I do not believe that any artifact can be flipped. I have never succeeded and a code diver said long ago that it was impossible. Of course the post has disappeared.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:25 pm 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Tue Dec 13, 2005 12:35 am
Posts: 704
At any rate, the whole Ancient Foul Curse thing makes it kind of useless to wear for any long period of time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:13 am 
Offline
Wayist

Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:14 pm
Posts: 17
Location: Arlington TN U.S.A.
I read the curses spoiler on AFC. I am going to donate that nasty thing to Mathom house!

_________________
Live long and prosper, and for any vampires out there I have a cure for your condition to start living...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4
Lonnie Courtney Clay


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:46 pm 
Offline
Spiderkin

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 12:48 pm
Posts: 482
Artifacts cannot be flipped. The relevant code is in src/spells2.c, remove_curse_aux():
Code:
       if ((randint(55-p_ptr->lev) == 1) && !artifact_p(o_ptr))
        {
                if (o_ptr->to_a < 0) o_ptr->to_a = -o_ptr->to_a;
                if (o_ptr->to_h < 0) o_ptr->to_h = -o_ptr->to_h;
                if (o_ptr->to_d < 0) o_ptr->to_d = -o_ptr->to_d;
                if (o_ptr->pval < 0) o_ptr->pval = -o_ptr->pval;
        }


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:24 pm 
Offline
Reaper

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:40 pm
Posts: 605
Location: sitting on a Chaffinch Egg
a couple years ago I would occassionally find randart body armour that the game thought was only a 'good' item. I could tell because the inventory slot would be white instead of blue (for ego) or gold (for artifact). As luck would have it, I eventually found a randart like that which had the life bonus and the hideous combat penalties. So I got it cursed by some monster and actually managed to flip the combat penalties to bonuses.
True it was exploiting a bug, but I failed my saving throw to resist doing it. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:33 am 
Offline
Reaper

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:49 pm
Posts: 1715
Location: West Virginia
Wastrel wrote:
a couple years ago I would occassionally find randart body armour that the game thought was only a 'good' item. I could tell because the inventory slot would be white instead of blue (for ego) or gold (for artifact). As luck would have it, I eventually found a randart like that which had the life bonus and the hideous combat penalties. So I got it cursed by some monster and actually managed to flip the combat penalties to bonuses.
True it was exploiting a bug, but I failed my saving throw to resist doing it. :wink:

Combine that with a randart ring with 12 attacks and you could take out Morgy with a broken dagger...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:34 am 
Offline
Reaper

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:40 pm
Posts: 605
Location: sitting on a Chaffinch Egg
Yottle wrote:
Combine that with a randart ring with 12 attacks and you could take out Morgy with a broken dagger...

Am I the only person who never finds such rings? :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:58 pm 
Offline
Reaper

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:49 pm
Posts: 1715
Location: West Virginia
Wastrel wrote:
Yottle wrote:
Combine that with a randart ring with 12 attacks and you could take out Morgy with a broken dagger...

Am I the only person who never finds such rings? :evil:
I assume that you don't normally scum speed ring shops for artifacts?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:31 am 
Offline
Reaper

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:40 pm
Posts: 605
Location: sitting on a Chaffinch Egg
Yottle wrote:
Wastrel wrote:
Yottle wrote:
Combine that with a randart ring with 12 attacks and you could take out Morgy with a broken dagger...

Am I the only person who never finds such rings? :evil:
I assume that you don't normally scum speed ring shops for artifacts?
So.. that's why I never find them. No I'm out to save Middle Earth, not rob merchants. On the other hand, I mow down pretty much every townsfolk that gets in my way, so my characters aren't 100% heros. (I really, really prefer the townsfolk behavior in the T3 ToME module)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 10 posts ] 

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group