I spent 3 days looking at character dumps of winners and spoiler files before I started playing. My plan is to max out swordmastery, weapon-mastery, combat to 50. I pumped too many points into archery and disarming, so I will have to settle for level 25 to 30 in magic device, prayer, and mindcraft. I am not going to spend points on those except magic-device until I have done Fumble-fingers quests to get the rate up to .5 or more. So I will be accumulating unspent points for a long time.
After reading some more yesterday and today, I have developed a plan for tackling the dungeons. I found the orc caves at night by going directly to the overland map in Bree then walking north. So my character is currently on level one of the caves. I took to heart the advice of Lord Dimwit's strategy guide at :
http://wiki.t-o-m-e.net/Spoilers/Lord_D ... tegy_Guide
for dungeons. The order I plan is :
1) Bree thieves quest - did already first off in game.
2) Barrow Downs - just finished for 1 FF and 9 princess quests.
3) Farmer Maggot's mushroom quest - did after first couple levels of 2) to get his sling.
3) Orc Caves for loot and equipment.
4) Old forest to get old man Willow's treasure.
5) Land of Rhun for stat gain potions.
6) Mirkwood for more stat gain.
7) The maze for minotaur treasure and rescue lost child.
Somewhere in 6-8 I will do the God quest...
Moria for equipment.
9) The sacred land of mountains for artifacts.
10) Mordor for experience.
11) Dol Goldur quest.
12) Erebor for artifacts and potions.
13) Cirith Ungol to kill Shelob
14) Paths of the dead to kill Feagwath.
15) Submerged ruins if I have the equipment.
I plan on destroying the one ring and doing all the quests as soon as I can be sure of succeeding in them. But I will NOT go into the void...
Live long and prosper, and for any vampires out there I have a cure for your condition to start living...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GowMI4wvmU4
Lonnie Courtney Clay