ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:10 am

All times are UTC

Tome and Tome PLUS, Should it be merged to one game?
Yes, 17%  17%  [ 5 ]
No, 69%  69%  [ 20 ]
Maybe, 14%  14%  [ 4 ]
Total votes : 29
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:44 pm 
Uruivellas

Hear, hear...this is exactly what I meant by "selective borrowing--yes, merging--no." If you like something specific about T-Plus that either doesn't break the Tolkienian theme or can be tweaked to fit it...why not take the best and leave the rest?

As for the Zangband-bashing...I'm sure I'm not the only ToME player who happens to like both variants; a person's taste and playing style do not have to be either/or. To be honest, one of the things that attracted me to Z was indeed its anything-goes style; before I worked on T-Plus, I'd already made a few unofficial *_info.txt additions to Zangband 2.7.4. I also happen to like seeing Nordic uniques in my game, but it's pretty obvious how I'm solving that problem! *LOL*

Chances are very good that my next module release will be a "Norseband Lite" with the *_info.txt files and religion system completely de-Tolkienized. Wilderness maps, new towns, and fixed quests will be added as soon as I can get help with them; I could learn to code quests, but my spatial perception and mapmaking skills are abysmally bad! :oops:

I may also need help designing new tiles for the artifacts and monsters which will replace ToME's standard ones (does an artifact Phial exist in any real-world mythos?). In the meantime, though, I do wonder whether Norseband Lite can be released as ASCII only...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:18 pm 
Wyrmic

ISNorden wrote:
I may also need help designing new tiles for the artifacts and monsters which will replace ToME's standard ones (does an artifact Phial exist in any real-world mythos?). In the meantime, though, I do wonder whether Norseband Lite can be released as ASCII only...

In ZAngband 2.2. there were plenty of monsters & items without tiles. I think they used ASCII symbols as the tiles. I had no problem with the / (A Club) in middle of tiles, and it may inspire some tile-drawing. Note that the small dead tree is a grey # in ToME.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:07 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

ToME is without a graphics maintainer right now. Don't think that the current situation is considered acceptable by all of us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 11:13 am 
Thalore

jschultz wrote:
Tachyon wrote:
(...) But there are some things in T-Plus I'd like to see in the main game.

1. Angels (as Maia subraces? Herald => Manwe Maia, of Fire => Aule Maia, ...)
2. The music system.(...)

3. And the WARRIOR-MAGE class:)) It is great!!!
4. It would be nice if skeletors have in-born magic breath:))
dromaczek