Which is worse?
Poll ended at Thu Oct 31, 2002 11:37 pm
Troll Quest 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Wights Quest 88%  88%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: OMG Barrow wights
PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:37 pm 
Yeek

Those annoying wights for the second quest annoy me. Losing my best characters lvl 20-30 are really pissing me off. I lose a char with a spear of westerniese and shit. Some one tell me a strat to take tese Basta**s out!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2002 12:05 am 
Wayist

The quests can be tough. Put them off till you are ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 12:58 am 
Wayist

Well , nether resistance and hold-life can help . Potions of healing are very useful . The only real pain is the last 'barrow' , the one with the boss wight in it . Slay Evil and Slay Undead branded weapons take him down quickly enough . Don't try the quest too soon ! You can come back anytime you like to finish it . Oh , and a quick tip - when you finish this quest , gain a few more levels before you go to get the next one....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 5:30 am 
Sher'Tul

aside from getting out, which has been resolved (see Trapped in the Barrows thread), i'v had little trouble with the wights. a vamp casting mid-level manabolts, i can take each wight out with a bolt or two, and i just tank the occasional level drain that gets past my vampiric hold on my life force. i get enough exp from the kills to generally leave with a healthy chunk more exp than i entered with, and that enchanted filthy rag i got from the boss wight is quite nice for a mage. (boosts spellpower)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:58 am 
Sher'Tul

For a sorcerer, an easy strategy in the wight grave quest is to use fireflash (lvl 20), since the holy fire destroys most of the wights and the remaining can be taken out with manathrust.

In the troll quest, you can rest in the trees (flying, potions of ent shape etc.), so i think this quest is easier.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2002 9:10 pm 
Higher

I still have to play a single character that survives that blasted quest! Plus, since it got implemented, I never got the Troll one anymore (grumpf!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:37 pm 
Sher'Tul

I still don't see what exactly is so hard about either one.

hmmm... what class combos are you playing? if you're a warrior-type, it may be the lack of ability to do a lot of damage quick, combined with the ability to teleportively turn tail when rolls go badly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:18 pm 
Higher

No, usually I play Rogues (which of course know at least how to blink :wink:) or mage-types... but I get toasted (actually nethered) as soon as I see the boss... but if I wait until i get resist nether it becomes boring...

Post subject: rogues in weight quest
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 1:37 am 
Wayist

Rogues are really fighters. They don't have any area attacks, and perform poorly when swarmed. For a rogue, fighter, or archer, hope for the troll quest ;-). If you get the weight quest, just wait till you are ready (level 35). It's not like you need to complete that quest to go on with other things.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2002 4:36 am 
Sher'Tul

*nod* mostly playing vamps, i have nether resistance from chargen, which helps, though i'd not realised just how big of a help it was.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 2:53 pm 
Low Yeek

Then try a lvl 20 tharmaturgist, view spells area really nice down there.... :=)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2002 10:03 pm 
Higher

chipotle_pickle wrote:
Rogues are really fighters.

Hey! Don't forget that combat isn't everything! With a Rogue, you have less combat ability than a Warrior, but you compensate with a lot more control (divination and teleporting effects). Anyhow, I do agree that in this specific quest rogues act like watered-down fighters (you already know the general monster situation and anyways you don't have much mobility...)