Being addicted to git (rebase --interactive FTW!), I've decided to go with that.
I've made the repository available on Gitorious
I've tagged the 2.3.6 version as 2.3.6-ah to indicate that it's an unofficial
version and any character dumps taken also indicate that. Hopefully that'll be enough to avoid confusion.
Next up, I'll have a look at some of the lingering 64-bit problems. For example, the character dump shows skill modifiers "1498590290884165632.800" instead of "0.800". Hopefully it's just a display issue
A little longer term I'm also considering removing some truly obsolete stuff:
- main-ibm.c (which appears to be DOS support)
- main-net.c (hopefully not used, haven't looked into it)
- zsock.c (only used by the above AFAICT)
: I don't really have access to any non-Linux platforms (where it's easy enough to just compile your own copy), so I'd be very grateful if anyone who has access to OS X and/or Windows could try to build binaries for the version tagged 2.3.6-ah. If you do, please post the results here
I think that's about it for now.