Here is my rough suggestion for the T-Engine priorities:
Requirements for the beta:
Features: (I think these are fairly important)
- Make it possible to stun monsters. (Or is this a module thing? I think it's common enough to be in the engine.)
- Allow Lua control for monster and item rerolling
- Make randarts possible again.
- Make monster pits customizable.
Big, game-changing bugs: (not absolutely must before the beta, but should have high priority)
- Make breeders breed again.
- Allow living uniques appear more than once per play session.
- Make the map edge code really work. (Travel leading to the correct edges, ambushes in the middle of the square, STar Wars style wildernesses possible without pain...)
Requirements for 3.0: (important bugfixes now that the beta is feature-complete)
- Hunt down and fix (most of) the crashes and freezes.
- Hunt down and fix (most of) the memory leaks
- Hunt down and fix whatever causes broken panic saves.
- Fix the "first item allocation is always 1" bug. (if confirmed)
- Make store action costs work.
- Fix projection effects for extended colors.
- Make monster memory and options loaded when using an old savefile but not using the quickstart.
- Fix the player inventory stacking bug.
- Make items in a store to be always in the right order.
- Make it possible to wish for capitalized egos.
- Fix player placement on returning to SAVE_LEVELs.
- Fix recalling to town generating dungeon monsters.
To do sometime:
- Make the SDL interface have the refined handling of the X11 one.
- Add background colors for the ASCII. (My pet feature request, although I have to admit it isn't that important.)
- Make it possible for the flag MONST_CAN_ENTER to allow monsters enter squares they couldn't otherwise.
- Add a way to specify the number of generated stairs.
- Allow more than one guardian per dungeon.
- Make resizing a terminal repaint it in SDL.
- Make death messages customizable.
- Make weight units customizable.
- Make ambient music repeat properly.
- Fix various music bugs.
- Get dungeon towns working.
- Fix monster escorts generated with opposing monsters
- Make wilderness roads better and no longer ever made of strange substances.