Good list Nerdanel. Here are my take on it:
Note : I won't be able to work on pretty much anything ToME related until ~January 20th due to exams (big ones).
Features: (I think these are fairly important)
- Make it possible to stun monsters. (Or is this a module thing? I think it's common enough to be in the engine.)
- Allow Lua control for monster and item rerolling
- Make randarts possible again.
- Make monster pits customizable.
- Stun is already implemented in ToME as a timed effect. I haven't checked if it work in game though.
- The monster rerolling I have a good idea on how to do it, although I will have to discuss it with DG first. As for the items, that code was obsolete (I deleted it if I recall well), and it is already done in LUA.
- Randarts could be fun to implement. Maybe I could give it a try, but I believe it should be left in module-land.
- Monster pits can already be customized by making them vaults instead.
Big, game-changing bugs: (not absolutely must before the beta, but should have high priority)
- Make breeders breed again.
- Allow living uniques appear more than once per play session.
- Make the map edge code really work. (Travel leading to the correct edges, ambushes in the middle of the square, STar Wars style wildernesses possible without pain...)
- Breeding should either be implemented as an AI or as a spell (I would prefer the later). That way the modules designers will have more control over the breeding behavior.
- Living uniques (and artifacts) not reappearing is also a must in my mind.
Requirements for 3.0: (important bugfixes now that the beta is feature-complete)
- Hunt down and fix (most of) the crashes and freezes.
- Hunt down and fix (most of) the memory leaks
- Hunt down and fix whatever causes broken panic saves.
- Fix the "first item allocation is always 1" bug. (if confirmed)
- Make store action costs work.
- Fix projection effects for extended colors.
- Make monster memory and options loaded when using an old savefile but not using the quickstart.
- Fix the player inventory stacking bug.
- Make items in a store to be always in the right order.
- Make it possible to wish for capitalized egos.
- Fix player placement on returning to SAVE_LEVELs.
- Fix recalling to town generating dungeon monsters.
- The projection effects for extender colors is easy to fix. Again, I'm wary of fixing it without asking for DG input as my fix could cause problem when tiles will be implemented.
- Monster memory and options from an old savefile work for me (I'm using babyface if that matters).
My take at the beta is that modules should never break during it. So every change that could affect modules should be done before it.